- L. Manyara / Ngongoro / Serengeti / Tarangire - 6 Nights 7 Days (KTST 006)
- L. Manyara / Ngongoro /Serengeti - 7 Nights 8 Days (KTST 007)
- L. Manyara / Ngorongoro / Tarangire - 4 Nights 5 Days (KTST 003)
- L. Manyara / Ngorongoro / Tarangire - 5 Nights 6 Days (KTST 004)
- Mt. Kilimanjaro - Machame Route 8 Days ( KTM: 003 )
- Parent Category: Kenya Safaris
- Published: 02 June 2009
- Hits: 2429
|1.||Depart Nairobi for Naromoru at 9.00 a.m. arriving in time for lunch at the Naro Moru Lodge. In the afternoon we are driven to the Sirimon gate at 11000 ft. An easy walk in the afternoon to help acclimatization. Overnight Jude Main Camp (11,000 ft.) in high altitude tents|
|2.||Ascend the Sirimon track to Likii North Valley and camp overnight in this beautiful little valley below the subsidiary peaks of Tereri and Sendeyo, two ancient parasitic vents of the main peaks. Overnight Likii North Valley Camp|
|3.||Climb out of the North Valley and into the Machinder Valley, one of the broadest valleys on the mountain, with many giant groundsels. Camp at the head of the Machinder Valley, just below the main peaks of Batian and Nelion (14, 00 ft.)|
|4.||Alpine ascent of the third highest peak, Mt. Lenana (16,355 ft.) on route up the north face little used by tourists. Four hours of stiff walking to the summit. Then descend to Teleki Valley on the opposite side of the main peaks, to Machinders Camp for a good night's rest (13,900 ft.)|
|5.||Descend the mountain and return to the Naro Moru Lodge. After lunch, travel back to Nairobi arriving in the evening.|
Some most Important Gears
- Walking pole(s)/
- Sleeping Bag,
- Gaiters: To keep mud, rocks, and snow out of your boots.
- Water purification: This is essential as water for drinking is taken directly from mountain streams.
- Hiking Boots: This is the most important item on the list. You'll need a comfortable/waterproof pair of hiking boots which offer plenty of support. - Make sure they are broken in before you get to Kilimanjaro/Mt. Kenya !
- Some energy Snacks
NB: We ensure clients get enough and plenty of well cooked food.